Sunday, March 7, 2010

Black Planet

1. Black Americans
2. 1999 to present
3. It is popular because it is good for networking with African Americans to find jobs, fill jobs, and start romantic relationships. It is geared toward African Americans who want to socialize with African Americans. It is technically still in use, but it would be more popular if there were no subscriptions and if it were compartmentalized. Dating sites should be separate from job sites. I would never post my dating resume next to my job resume. I should be hired based on my qualifications for the job, not my romantic interests and sexy pictures. I should be chosen for a date based on my personality and physical attraction, not my GMAT score or my career objectives.
4. Yes. Black Singles Connection is more popular for dating and blackcareerzone and blackrefer are popular job finding/filling sites for African Americans.
5. I created an account for Black Planet just so I could check it out myself and yes I will continue to use it for researching the black culture in America. When marketing, one must research the demographics and the black community is a huge demographic. However, I am completely uninterested in online dating sites and have no interest in using Black Planet to find dates. Another reason I will not keep my profile updated, or even filled out, is that my friends and family can already get ahold of me via cellphone, email, skype, and facebook. I have no need for yet another social networking site except, of course, the value of the marketing research.

No comments:

Post a Comment